Hyundai Tucson: Tire Rotation
Using tires and wheel other than the recommended sizes could cause unusual handling characteristics and poor vehicle control, resulting in a serious accident.
- Measure the tread depth of the tires.
Tread depth limit : 1.6 111111 (0.0630 in.)
- If the remaining tread depth (A) is less than the limit, replace the tire.
When the tread depth of the tires is less than 1.6 mm(0.0630 in), the wear indicators (B) will appear.
Checking For Pull And Wander
If the steering pulls to one side, rotate the tires according to the following wheel rotation procedure.
- Rotate the front right and front left tires, and perform a road test in order to confirm vehicle stability.
- If the steering pulls to the opposite side, rotate the front and rear tires, and perform a road test again.
- If the steering continues to pull to one side, rotate the front right and left tires again, and perform a road test.
- If the steering continues to pull to the opposite side, replace the front wheels with new ones.
- Remove valve core and deflate the tire.
- Remove the side of the tire bead area from the wheel using tire changing machine
- The tire bead should be broken approx. 90º from the valve side of the wheel. The bead breaker should not be set too deep.
- Avoid tire/tool contact with the valve on dismount.
- Dismount should end near the valve.
- Rotate the wheel clockwise.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual