Hyundai Tucson: Front Brake Disc
Front Brake Disc Thickness Check
- Check the brake pads for wear and fade.
- Check the brake disc for damage and cracks.
- Remove all rust and contamination from the surface, and measure the disc thickness at 24 points, at least, of same distance (5mm) from the brake disc outer circle.
Front brake disc thickness
16 inch Standard : 25 mm (0.98 in)
16 inch Service limit: 23 mm (0.90 in)
17 inch Standard : 30 mm (1.18 in)
17 inch Service limit: 28 mm (1.10 in)
Difference in thickness of each measuring part:
Less than 0.005 mm (0.0002 in) (Circumferential direction), 0.01 mm (0.0004 in) (Radial)
- If wear exceeds the limit, replace the discs and pad assembly left and right of the vehicle.
Front Brake Disc Runout Check
- Place a dial gauge about 5nun (0.2 in.) from the outer circumference of the brake disc, and measure the runout of the disc.
Brake disc runout Limit: 0.04 mm (0.0016 in.) or less (new one)
- If the runout of the brake disc exceeds the limit specification, replace the disc, and then measure the runout again.
- If the runout does not meet the limit specification, remove the disc, turn it 180º and reinstall. Then check the runout of the brake disc again.
- If the runout cannot be corrected by changing the position of the brake disc, replace the brake disc.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Use a SST (09581-11000) when installing the brake caliper assembly.
- After installing, bleed the brake system.
(Refer to Brake System - "Brake Bleeding Procedures")
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual