Hyundai Tucson: Cylinder Block - Disassembly
- Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.
- To avoid damage, unplug the wiring connectors carefully while holding the connector portion.
- Mark all wiring connector and hoses to avoid misconnection.
- To release the fuel system pressure before removing the engine assembly, start the engine without fuel pump relay. Then, switch "OFF" the ignition when engine stops.
- Remove the engine and transaxle assembly.
(Refer to Engine and Transaxle Assembly - "Engine and Transaxle Assembly")
- Remove the rear oil seal.
(Refer to Cylinder Block - "Rear Oil Seal")
- Install the engine assembly to engine stand for disassembly.
- Remove the cylinder head.
(Refer to Cylinder Head Assembly - "Cylinder Head")
Turn the crankshaft pulley so that the No. 1 piston is at top dead center.
- Remove the oil filter body.
(Refer to Lubrication System - "Oil Filter & Oil Cooler")
- Remove the oil pump.
(Refer to Lubrication System - "Oil Pump")
- Remove the piston and connecting rod assembly.
(1) Using a ridge reamer, remove all the carbon from the top of the cylinder.
(2) Remove the connecting rod bearing caps (A).
Mark the connecting rod, and caps to be able to reassemble in the original position and direction.
(3) Push the piston and connecting rod assembly (A) with upper bearing through the top of the cylinder block.
- Keep the connecting rod ands cap with their bearings assembled together.
- Arrange the piston and connecting rod assemblies in the correct order.
- Check fit between piston and piston pin.
Try to move the piston back and forth on the piston pin.
If any movement is felt, replace the piston and piston pin as a set.
- Disassemble the piston rings.
(1) Using a piston ring expender, remove the 2 piston rings (A).
(2) Remove the oil ring (B) by hand.
- Disassemble the connecting rod from the piston.
(1) Remove the snap ring (C) from the piston.
(2) Using a press, remove the piston pin (D) from the piston.
(3) Disassemble the piston (E) and connecting rod (F).
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual