Hyundai Tucson: Clutch Cover And Disc- Installation
- Apply grease on a disc spline part and transaxle input shaft spline part as required.
Specified grease : CASMOLY L9508
0.1 - 0.2g Gasoline 2.0 MPI / Gasoline 1.6 T-GDI
0.1 - 0.3g Diesel 1.6 TCI
Possible problems when not following
- When not applying: Excessive wear of splines and bad clutch operation can occur.
- When excessively applying: Grease can be scattered bycentrifugal force which can conteminate the clutch disc. This can cause a loss of friction force causing a slip.
- Before installing the clutch disc, check the "TM SIDE" and "FLYWHEEL SIDE" marked on the clutch disc, and install it with the clutch cover using a special tool (09411-1P000).
The 'T/M SIDE' marked surface should face the transaxle.
The 'FLYWHELL SIDE' marked surface should face the flywheel.
- Install the clutch disc and the cover with SST(A : 09411-1P000).
- Install the clutch cover bolts.
Tightening torque :
14.7 - 21.6 N.m (1.5 - 2.2 kgf.m, 10.8 - 15.9 lb-ft) Gasoline 1.6 T-GDI
11.8 - 14.7 N.m (1.2 - 1.5 kgf.m, 8.7 - 10.8 lb-ft) Gasoline 2.0 MPI / Diesel 1.6 TCI
- Install the all the components with the specified torques. If not, the clutch torque transaxle may have concerns or the mounting bolt can loosen.
- When installing the clutch cover assembly, check the below fastening order for each number of bolts and tighten the bolts loosely. Then, fasten the bolts to their proper tightening torque. This can prevent twisting and vibration of the cover, and the lifting of the pressure plate.
- Fastening order for each number of bolts for installing the clutch cover assembly
Gasoline 1.6 T-GDI
Gasoline 2.0 MPI / Diesel 1.6 TCI
- Remove the clutch disc guide SST (No.: 09411-1P000).
- Install the transaxle assembly.
(Refer to In case bv Gasoline 1.6 T-GDI System - "Manual Transaxle")
(Refer to In case by Diesel 1.6 TCI System - "Manual Transaxle")
(Refer to In case by Gasoline 2.0 MPI System - "Manual Transaxle")
(Refer to In case by Gasoline 1.6 T-GDI System - "Intelligent Manual Transaxle")
(Refer to In case by Diesel 1.6 TCI System - "Intelligent Manual Transaxle")
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual