Hyundai Tucson: Tie rod end
- Remove the tie rod end after loosening the nut.
Tightening torque : 49.0 - 53.9 N.m (5.0 - 5.5 kgf.m, 36.2 - 39.8 lb-ft)
Before removing the tie rod end, note by measuring the length of the thread or marked with paint.
- Replace with new parts.
- Check the alignment.
(Refer to Suspension System - "Alingmeut")
Power Pack And Short Gear
- Disconnect the power pack connector (A).
- Replace the power pack (A) after loosening the mounting bolts.
Tightening torque : 19.6 - 23.5 N.m (2.0 - 2.4 kgf.m, 14.5 - 17.4 lb-ft)
- In case of the power pack replacement, replace the power pack only and
reuse the existing short gear.
In case of the short gear replacement, replace the short gear only and reuse the existing power pack.
- For assembly, the new product is basically coated with grease for workability.
- When installing the power pack on the MDPS, install it in the following direction.
- Be sure to check whether the coupling (A) is assembled.
(If it cannot be used due to the existing coupling deformation/breakage, request for new A/S and assemble.)
- After replacing the power pack motor, "Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) Calibration" and "MDPS Turning Data Setting (Backup and Write)" and "Set the steering feel torque to zero" must be done
- Replace the lead wire (B) after disconnecting the power connector (A).
MDPS Type Recognition procedures
- Connect the diagnostic tool diagnostic tool to the vehicle's self-diagnostic connector.
- Key on the Ignition switch.
- After Selecting the "vehicle model" and "system", select the "EPS Type Recognition" on diagnostic tool vehicle selection screen.
MDPS Type Recognition
MDPS Type Recognition 1
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual