Hyundai Tucson: Airbag Handling and Storage
Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual / Restraint / General Information / Airbag Handling and Storage
Do not disassemble the airbags; it has no serviceable parts. Once an airbag has been deployed, it cannot be repaired or reused.
For temporary storage of the air bag during sendee, please observe the following precautions.
- Store the removed airbag with the pad surface up.
- Keep free from any oil, grease, detergent, or water to prevent damage to the airbag assembly.
- Store the removed airbag on secure, flat surface away from any high heat source (exceeding 85º C/185ºF)
- Never perform electrical inspections to the airbags, such as measuring resistance.
- Do not position yourself in front of the airbag assembly during removal, inspection, or replacement.
- Refer to the scrapping procedures for disposal of the damaged airbag.
- Be careful not to bump or impact the SRS unit or the side impact sensors or front impact sensors whenever the ignition switch is ON, wait at least three minutes after the ignition switch is turned OFF before begin work.
- During installation or replacement, be careful not to bump (by impact wrench, hammer, etc.) the area around the SRS unit and the side impact sensor and the front impact sensors. The airbags could accidentally deploy and cause damage or injury.
- Replace the front airbag module, SRSCM. FIS when the front airbag is deployed. Replace the airbag wiring when the airbag wiring get damaged. Replace the side airbag module, the curtain airbag module, SRSCM, SIS when deploying the side airbag. Replace the airbag when the airbag wiring get damaged.
- After a collision in which the airbags or the side air bags did not deploy, inspect for any damage or any deformation on the SRS unit and the side impact sensors. If there is any damage, replace the SRS unit, the front impact sensor and/or the side impact sensors.
- Do not disassemble the SRS unit, the front impact sensor or the side impact sensors.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF, disconnect the battery negative cable and wait at least three minutes before beginning installation or replacement of the SRS unit.
- Be sure the SRS unit, the front impact sensor and side impact sensors are installed securely with the mounting bolts.
- Do not spill water or oil on the SRS unit, or the front impact sensor or the side impact sensors and keep them away from dust.
- Store the SRS unit, the front impact sensor and the side impact sensors in a cool (15 - 25ºC/ 59 - 77º F) and dry (30 - 80% relative humidity, no moisture) area.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual