Hyundai Tucson: Wiring Precautions
SRS wiring can be identified by special yellow outer covering Observe the instructions described in this section.
- Never attempt to modify, splice, or repair SRS wiring. If there is an open or damage in SRS wiring, replace the harness.
- Be sure to install the harness wires so that they are not pinched, or interfere with other parts.
- Make sure all SRS ground locations are clean, and grounds are securely fastened for optimum metal-to-metal contact. Poor grounding can cause intermittent problems that are difficult to diagnose.
Precautions for Electrical Inspections
- When using electrical test equipment, insert the probe of the tester
into the wire side of the
Do not insert the probe of the tester into the terminal side of the connector, and do not tamper with the connector.
- Use a u-shaped probe. Do not insert the probe forcibly.
- Use specified service connectors for troubleshooting.
Using improper tools could cause an error in inspection due to poor metal contact.
Spring-loaded Lock Connector
Some SRS system connectors have a spring-loaded lock.
To release the lock, pull the spring-loaded sleeve (A) and the slider (B), while holding the opposite half of the connector.
Pull the connector halves apart. Be sure to pull on the sleeve and not on the connector half.
Hold both connector halves and press firmly until the projection(C) of the sleeve-side connector clicks to lock.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual