Hyundai Tucson: Cylinder Block Crankshaft Journal Bore Mark Location
Letters have been stamped on the side surface of the block as a mark for the size of each of the 5 main journal bores.
Use them, and the numbers or letters stamped on the crank (marks for main journal size), to choose the correct bearings.
Crankshaft Main Journal Mark Location
Discrimination Of Crankshaft Main Journal
Crankshaft Bearing Identification Mark Location
No. 2, No. 4 Journal Upper Bearing
No. 1, No. 3, No. 5 Journal Upper Bearing
Discrimination Of Crankshaft Bearing
(7) Select the bearing by using selection table.
Crankshaft Main Bearing Selection Table
- Check the crankshaft end play.
Using a dial indicator, measure the thrust clearance while prying the crankshaft back and forth with a screwdriver.
Crankshaft end play 0.100 - 0.280 mm (0.0039 - 0.0110 in.)
If the end play is greater than maximum, replace the thrust bearings as a set.
Thickness of thrust bearing : 2.910 - 2.950 mm (0.1146 - 0.1161 in.)
- Inspect the crankshaft main journals and pin journals.
Using a micrometer, measure the diameter of each main journal and pin journal.
Main journal diameter : 44.942 - 44.960 mm (1.7694 - 1.7701 in.)
Crank pin diameter : 41.954 - 41.972 mm (1.6517 - 1.6524 in.)
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual