Hyundai Tucson: System operation
Front camera operating speed by each system :
The operating conditions of the front camera are as follows when the USM of the following system is ON and the required operating speed is satisfied.
- FCA, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist:
1)ESC (Electronic Stability Control unit) must be ON
2)It operates when a collision with another vehicle or a pedestrian in front is expected.
- LKA, Lane Keeping Assist:
1)The lane must be clearly identified and both lanes from the opposing directions must be detected.
2)The driver should keep its hands on the steering wheel. The system is released if the steering wheel assist system ignores the force of the steering wheel.
3)The system starts operating when the lane change is made arbitrarily while the turn signal lights and emergency light switch are being turned OFF.
4)If the vehicle exceeds a predetermined width of the vehicle, the system judges that the vehicle moves from one lane to another, and this ends the system.
5)The LKA may not work properly in the following conditions when
- The car drives on a steep curve
- There is a sudden braking or a sudden lane change.
- The ESC / VSM is in operation
- The width of the lane is too wide or too narrow.
- DAW, Driver Attention Warning :
Inadvertent driving warning
l)The DAW (Driver Attention Warning ) system may not work properly in the following conditions when
- The car frequently and deliberately crosses over the lanes or is driven aggressively.
- The car has to drive on an extremely curving road or uneven surface.
- If the vehicle is controlled by other lane keeping systems such as ADAS.
Front Vehicle Departure Warning
1)When the front vehicle starts running, the system displays a message on the instrument panel along with a beep.
2) The Front Vehicle Departure Warning may not work properly in the following conditions when
- Pedestrians or bicycles are in front.
- Other vehicle cuts the line.
- The vehicle standing at the front makes a sudden start or U turn.
- The vehicle is pulled over at a speed bump, ramp, shoulder, rest area, parking lot.
- The vehicle stops running while making the right turn or driving on the curved road.
- The front road condition is unpredictable (ex, a decrease of the number of driving lanes).
- HBA, High Beam Assist:
1 )To activate the system, turn the light switch to the AUTO' position and slide it towards the instrument panel (High beam : ON).
2)The following explains the detailed operation of the High Beam Assist (HBA) System which is controlled by the switch.
When the high beam switch is pushed to the instrument cluster, the operation of the high beam switches to a 'Constant Turned ON' mode and the system ends.
When the light switch is pulled without the high beam being turned OFF, the high beam is turned ON without ending the HBA system.
(When hands are released, the switch moves to the center and turns the high beam OFF.) When the light switch is pulled with the high beam being turned ON by the HBA, the high beam is turned OFF and the system ends.
The switch of the headlight switch from "Auto" to the "Headlight" turns the high beam OFF and ends the system.
3) The high beam is automatically turned OFF when any of the following conditions occurs while the headlight is turned ON by the HBA.HBA
4)The system detects the headlight of the other approaching car or the tail light of the front car.
5)The system detects the headlight or tail light of bicycles or motorbikes.
6)The light condition is bright enough not to turn the headlight ON.
7) There is street light or other light in front.
8)The light switch is not in the AUTO (auto light) position.
9)The USM is OFF or does not meet the required operating speed.
10)The system may not operate in a day time even though all conditions for HBA operation are met.
- LFA, Lane Following Assist:
1)Press the button of the LFA(Lane Following Assist) system 011 the steering wheel remote to activate the system.
2)The system starts operating when the vehicle is located inside the lane, the lanes of both directions are recognized and there is no sudden turn of the steering wheel by the driver.
3)If the lane is not recognized, the system assists the steering wheel control at a limited degree by adapting to different conditions depending on the presence of the other vehicle in front and the running state of the vehicle ahead.
4)A hands-off warning occurs when the driver continues to drive the vehicle with his hands-off. The system ends when the driver continues to ignore the warning.
5)The LFA system may not work properly in the following conditions, when
- The vehicle drives on an extremely curving road.
- The vehicle stops abruptly or makes a sudden lane change.
- The ESC / VSM is in operation.
The width of the lane is too wide or too narrow.
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA) :
1) Fitted without ADAS_DRV
It will work automatically when a vehicle is being driven on the highway or motorway and the Smart Cruise Control is operating.
It will work automatically when a vehicle enters the main lane on highway or motorway while Smart Cruise Control is operating.
The system is canceled when pressing the lane keeping assist button while HDA is operating.
A hand-off warning is generated when the driver continues to take offhand from the steering wheel and the system is canceled if the driver does not continue to hold the steering wheel during the hand-off warning.
It can respond to cut-in vehicles coming from a short distance.
- NSCC auto speed setting mode
1)When NSCC operating conditions are met and the driver's set speed and the speed limit 011 highway are matched, it will enter the auto speed setting mode.
(Setting speed and 'AUTO' symbol is displayed in green, audible warning sounds)
2) The setting speed changes automatically to the changed speed limit with an audible warning in the section where the speed limit is changed on the highway.
3) When a driver changes setting speed randomly, 'AUTO' symbol will disappear and the auto speed setting mode is canceled.
4)It may not operate or operate abnormally in the following cases
- When a vehicle is out of main lane such as IC, JC or there is open type tollgate
- When navigation map information has not been updated
- When map information is not received by overload as navigations performs various functions simultaneously.
- When navigation map is different to the acmal road due to the map data error or GPS signal is not received.
- If a driver travels differently than the guided route and navigation does not research the route automatically
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual