Hyundai Tucson: Rear shock absorber
- Lock nut
- Insulator assembly
- Dust cover
- Rear shock absorber
When lifting a vehicle using a lift, be careful not to damage the lower parts of the vehicle (floor under cover, fuel filter, fuel tank, canister).
(Refer to General Information - "Lift Point")
- Loosen the rear wheel nuts slightly.
Raise the vehicle, and make sure it is securely supported.
- Remove the rear wheel and tire.
(Refer to Suspension System - "Wheel")
- Loosen the rear shock absorber mounting bolts (A).
Tightening torque : 49.0 - 63.7 N.m (5.0 - 6.5 kgf.m, 36.2 - 47.0 lb-ft)
- Remove the service cover (A).
- Disconnect the continuously variable damping control connector (A) and then removing the cap (B).
- Remove the rear shcok absorber (A) from the rear lower arm after loosening the mounting bolt and nut.
Tightening torque : 137.2 - 156.9 N.m (14.0- 16.0kgf.m, 101.2- 115.7 lb-ft)
- Using the special tool (09546-3X100), install the self locking nut.
- Separate the Insulator assembly (A), bumper rubber (B), dust cover (C), shock absorber (D).
- Check the rubber parts for damage or deterioration.
- Check the shock absorber for abnormal resistance or unusual sounds.
- Fully extend the shock absorber rod.
- Drill a hole to remove gas from the cylinder (A).
The gas corning out is harmless, but be careful of chips that may fly when drilling. Be sure to use face shield and safety goggles.
- To reassembly, reverse the disassembly procedure.
- Using SST (09546-3X100), install the lock nut.
Do not reuse the self locking nut.
Tightening torque : 19.6 - 24.5 N.m (2.0 - 2.5 kgf.m, 14.5-18.1 lb-ft)
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual