Hyundai Tucson: EGR Temperature Sensor
EGR temperature sensor is used for temperature measurement and EGR bypass valve function diagnosis as well as thermal protection of EGR system.
Type : Thermistor type
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect the connector of EGR temperature sensor.
- Measure resistance between sensor signal terminal and ground terminal.
- Check that the resistance is within the specification.
Specification : Refer to "Specification"
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal.
- Remove the engine room under cover.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Engine Room Under Cover")
- Disconnect the EGR temperature sensor connector (A).
- Remove the EGR temperature sensor (B).
Tightening torque : 19.6 - 29.4 N.m (2.0 - 3.0 kgf.m, 14.5 - 21.7 lb.ft)
- Install the component to the specified torques.
- Note that internal damage may occur when the component is dropped. In this case, use it after inspecting.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual