Hyundai Tucson: Rail Pressure Sensor (RPS)
Installed on the delivery pipe, the Rail Pressure Sensor (RPS) measures the instantaneous fuel pressure in the delivery pipe. The sensing element (Semiconductor element) built in the sensor converts the pressure to voltage signal.
By using this signal, the ECM can control correct injection amount and timing and adjust the fuel pressure with the fuel pressure regulator valve if the target pressure is different from the actual pressure calculated by the RPS output signal.
- Connect the diagnostic tool on the Data Link Connector (DLC).
- Measure the output voltage of the RPS at idle and various engine speed.
- Release the residual pressure in fuel line.
(Refer to Fuel Delivery System - "Release Residual Pressure in Fuel Line")
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) cable.
- Remove the intake manifold.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Intake Manifold")
- Disconnect the rail pressure sensor connector and then remove the sensor (A) from the delivery pipe.
Tightening torque : 29.4 - 34.3 N.m (3.0 - 3.5 kgf.m, 10.8 - 15.9 lb-ft)
- Install the component to the specified torques.
- Note that internal damage may occur when the component is dropped. In this case, use it after inspecting.
- Apply the sealant to the sensor.
- Insert the sensor in the installation hole and be careful not to damage it during installation.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual