Hyundai Tucson: Injector - Replacement
The injector combustion seal should be replaced new one to prevent leakage after removing the injector.
1. Remove the combustion seal (A) with a wire cutter.
- Grip the sealing ring carefully, pull it to form a small loop and then cut it.
- Be careful not to damage the surface of the valve sleeve with the wire cutter.
- Before the assembly of the sealing ring the groove must be cleaned using
a clean cloth.
Any coking of the injector sealing surface must be carefully removed with a brass-wire brush.
The surfaces of the new sealing ring must be clean and free of grease.
- Place the seal installing guide (B) (SST No. : 09353-2B000) on the tip
of the injector not to damage the
injector tip (A).
Push the sealing ring (C) with thumb and index finger over the conical assembly tool until it snaps into the groove.
The complete assembly must not take longer than 2 to 3 seconds.
- To size the sealing ring the injector is first introduced into the sizing tool (A) (SST No. : 09353-2B000) and then pressed and at the same time rotated 180º into the sizing tool.
- Pull the injector out of the sizing tool by turning it in the reverse direction to that used for the press-in process.
- Check that the seal ring has not been damaged during assembly to the injector and that no circumferential scratches are present.
- Do not reuse the combustion seal.
- The seal must be completely free of grease and oil.
- Check the combustion seal (A) installation.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual