Hyundai Tucson: Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV)
Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV) is a solenoid valve and is installed on the surge tank and controls the passage between the canister and the intake manifold.
The evaporative gases gathered in the canister are delivered to the intake manifold when the PCSV is open by ECM control signal.
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect PCSV connector.
- Measure resistance between PCSV terminals 1 and 2.
- Check that the resistance is within the specification.
- Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal.
- Disconnect the purge control solenoid valve connector (A).
- Disconnect the vapor hoses (B).
- Remove the purge control solenoid valve (C).
- Install the component with the specified torques.
- Note that internal damage may occur when the component is dropped. In this case, use it after inspecting.
Be careful of foreign material not to flow into the valve.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual