Hyundai Tucson: Ambient Temperature Sensor (ATS)
Ambient Temperature Sensor (ATS) is installed on the front-end module and senses the ambient temperature.
This sensor is exposed to the ambient air temperature in front of the radiator.
The ATS is a Negative Temperature Coefficient (NTC)-type sensor and its resistance is in inverse proportion to the temperature.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect the ATS connector.
- Measure resistance between the ATS terminals 1 and 2.
- Check that the resistance is within the specification.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) cable.
- Remove the front bumper assembly.
(Refer to Body (Interior nad Exterior) - "Front Bumper Assembly")
- Disconnect the connector (A), and then remove the ambient temperature sensor (B).
Note that internal damage may occur when the component is dropped. In this case, use it after inspecting.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual