Hyundai Tucson: Injector - Description
The GDI injector is similar to a standard injector, but sprays fuel at a much higher pressure directly into the combustion chamber and has a swirl disc to get the fuel swirling as it exits the nozzle. This aids in atomization of the fuel.
The ECM controls both the feed circuits (high side) to feed voltage to the injectors and the ground circuits (low side) to energize the injectors. Also, the feed for 2 injectors comes from the same driver set. As the ignition coils are paired with cylinders (1-4 and 2-3), the injectors are also set up in pairs.
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect injector connector.
- Measure resistance between injector terminals 1 and 2.
- Check that the resistance is within the specification.
Specification : Refer to "Specification"
- Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal.
- Release the residual pressure in fuel line
(Refer to Fuel Delivery System - "Release Residual Pressure in Fuel Line")
When removing the fuel pump relay, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) may occur. Delete the code with the diagnostic tool after completion of "Release Residual Pressure in Fuel Line" work.
- Remove the delivery pipe & injector assembly.
(Refer to Fuel Delivery System - "Delivery Pipe")
- Remove the connector (A) and fixing clip (B), and then separate the injector from the delivery pipe.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Do not reuse the injector fixing clip.
- Do not reuse the mounting bolt.
- Do not reuse the combustion seal (A).
- Be careful not to apply oil to the combustion seal.
- Do not reuse the O-ring (A), support disc (B), rubber washer (C).
- When replacing the rubber washer, the steal plate part should be faced the cylinder installation part and the rubber plate part should be faced the injector body part.
- Apply engine oil to the injector O-ring.
- When inserting the injector, be careful not to damage the injector tip
- Do not reuse the high fuel pipe.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual