Hyundai Tucson: EGR cooler- Removal and Installation
- Disconnect the battery negative terminal.
- Remove the front bumper beam.
(Refer to Body(Interior and Exterior) - "Front Bumper Beam Assembly")
- Remove the intercooler mounting bracket (A), and then disconnect the intake temperature sensor connector (B).
Tightening torque : 7.8 - 11.8 Nm (0.8 - 1.2 kgf.m, 5.8 - 8.7 lb-ft)
- Disconnect the RCV hose (A) from the intercooler.
- Disconnect the intercooler inlet hose (A) from the intercooler.
- Disconnect the intercooler outlet hose (A).
- When working with quick connector type intercooler hoses and pipes, be careful not to touch or detach the rubber seal (A) inside.
- When installing, install the pipe or hose by matching the mark or groove of each assembly with the mark.
- When mounting, install it by pushing it all the way until the nipple clicks.
(1) When separate the intercooler inlet pipe, pull out the quick connector clamp (A) in the direction of the arrow as shown below.
(2) Move the quick connector clamp from (B) to (C) as shown in the figure below, and then pull the quick connector hose to remove it.
- Remove the LH head lamp assembly.
(Refer to Body Electrical System - "Lighting System")
- Remove the intercooler air guard (A).
Tightening torque : 7.8 - 11.8 N.m (0.8 - 1.2 kgf.m, 5.8 - 8.7 lb-ft)
- Remove the intercooler (A).
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual