Hyundai Tucson: Parking Brake Pedal Stroke
After disassembling/assembling the caliper body or replacing the caliper, parking brake cable or brake disc, re-adjust the parking brake.
- To fit the cable, follow one of these procedures.
- Apply a parking brake fully more than 3 times
- With full operation, hold the parking brake for 1 to 2 hours.
- After fitting the cable, adjust the adjustment nut so that the stroke is 5 - 6 notch when operating the pedal at 30kgf.
For the BIR type, adjust the adjustment nut of the lever assembly so that the sum of the O / P lever on the rear caliper side and the stopper (LH / RH) angle is within 3.0 mm (0.11 in).
- Make sure that there is no gap between adjustment nut and clip after adjusting the parking brake.
- Make sure that the brakes are not drag.
- Check whether the wheel operates smoothly.
- Perform driving test.
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Release the parking brake.
- Remove the floor console assembly.
(Refer to Body - "Floor Console Assembly")
- Remove the cable retainer and remove the parking brake cable (A).
- Disconnect the parking brake switch connector (A).
- Remove the parking brake lever assembly (A) after loosening the bolts.
Tightening torque : 19.6 - 29.4 N m (2.0 - 3.0 kgfrn, 14.5 - 21.7 lb ft)
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- After the installation, check the operation status of the parking brake and brake switch.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual