Hyundai Tucson: Hood
Opening the hood
- Park the vehicle and set the parking brake.
- Pull the release lever to unlatch the hood. The hood should pop open slightly.
- Go to the front of the vehicle, raise the hood slightly, push up the secondary latch (1) inside of the hood center and lift the hood.
- Pull up on the hood support rod.
- Install the end of the hood support rod into the slot located on the hood (3).
- Grasp the hood support rod in the area wrapped in rubber when the engine is hot. The rubber portion will insulate the heat and protect you from burn or injury.
- The end of the hood support rod must be inserted fully into the hood slot whenever you inspect the engine compartment. This will prevent the hood from falling and possibly injuring you.
Closing the hood
- Before closing the hood, check in and around the engine compartment to ensure the following:
- Any tools or other loose objects are removed from the engine room area or hood opening area
- All glove, rags, or other combustible material is removed from the engine compartment
- All filler caps are tightly and correctly installed
- Return the hood support rod to its clip to prevent it from rattling.
- Lower the hood until it is about 30 cm (12in.) above the closed position and let it drop. Make sure that it locks into place.
- Check that the hood has engaged
properly. If the hood can be raised
slightly, it is not properly engaged.
Open it again and close it with a little more force.
- Before closing the hood, ensure all obstructions are removed from around the hood opening.
- Always double check to be sure that
the hood is firmly latched before
driving away. Check there is no
hood open warning light or message
displayed on the instrument cluster.
Driving with the hood opened may cause a total loss of visibility, which might result in an accident.
- Do not move the vehicle with the hood in the raised position, as vision is obstructed, which might result in an accident, and the hood could fall or be damaged.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual