Hyundai Tucson: Cylinder Head Assembly- Installation
- The hardening sealant located on the upper area between timing chain cover and cam carrier, cylinder head cover should be removed before assembling cylinder head cover.
- Install the cylinder head cover.
(1) Install the new gasket.
Always use the new inner and outer cylinder head cover gaskets.
(2) Apply liquid gasket sealant to the marked area of the cam carrier and assemble within 5 minutes of application.
Width : 2.0 - 3.0 mm (0.0787 - 0.1181 in.)
Specification : MS721-40AA or AAO
(3) Install the cylinder head cover (A) by tightening the bolts, in several passes, in the sequence as shown.
Step 1 : 3.9 - 5.9 N.m (0.4 - 0.6 kgf.m, 2.9 - 4.3 lb-ft)
Step 2 : 7.8 - 9.8 N.m (0.8 - 1.0 kgf.m, 5.8 - 7.2 lb-ft)
The firing and/or blow out test should not be performed within 30 minutes of assembling the cylinder head cover.
- Install the other parts in the reverse order of removal.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual