Hyundai Tucson: Gauges and meters
The speedometer indicates the speed of the vehicle and is calibrated in miles per hour (MPH) and/or kilometers per hour (km/h).
The tachometer indicates the approximate number of engine revolutions per minute (RPM).
Use the tachometer to select the correct shift points and to prevent lugging and/ or over-revving the engine.
Do not operate the engine within the tachometer's RED ZONE. This may cause severe engine damage.
Engine coolant temperature gauge
This gauge indicates the temperature of the engine coolant when the ignition switch is in the ON position.
If the gauge pointer moves beyond the normal range area toward the H (or HOT) position, it indicates overheating that may damage the engine.
Do not continue driving with an overheated engine. If your vehicle overheats, refer to "If the Engine Overheats" section in chapter 8.
Never remove the engine coolant reservoir cap when the engine is hot.
The engine coolant is under pressure and could cause a severe burn or injury.
Wait until the engine is cool before adding coolant to the reservoir.
This gauge indicates the approximate amount of fuel remaining in the fuel tank.
- The fuel tank capacity is given in chapter 2.
- The fuel gauge is supplemented by a low fuel warning light, which will illuminate when the fuel tank is nearly empty.
- On inclines or curves, the fuel gauge pointer may fluctuate or the low fuel warning light may come on earlier than usual due to the movement of fuel in the tank.
Running out of fuel can expose vehicle occupants to danger.
You must stop and obtain additional fuel as soon as possible after the warning light comes on or when the gauge indicator comes close to the "E (Empty) or 0" level.
Avoid driving with an extremely low fuel level. Running out of fuel could cause the engine to misfire damaging the catalytic converter.
Outside temperature gauge
The outside ambient temperature is displayed in the lower portion of the LCD cluster display. The temperature will read in Fahrenheit or Celsius depending on the units selected in the User Settings menu.
Note that the temperature indicated on the LCD display may not change as quickly as the outside temperature (there may be a slight delay before the temperature changes.) You can change the temperature unit from the Settings menu in the cluster or infotainment system screen.
- Setup → Unit → Temperature Unit → ºF/ºC (for cluster type)
- Setup → General Settings → Unit → Temperature Unit → ºC/ºF (for infotainment system screen type)
Both the temperature unit on the cluster LCD display and infotainment system screen will change.
The odometer indicates the total distance that the vehicle has been driven and should be used to determine when periodic maintenance is required.
Distance to empty
- The distance to empty is the estimated mileage the vehicle can be driven with the remaining fuel.
- If the estimated distance is below 1 mi.
(1 km), the trip computer will display
"---" as distance to empty. When this
occurs, the remaining fuel is very low.
Refuel the vehicle immediately.
- If the vehicle is not on level ground or the battery power has been interrupted, the distance to empty function may not operate correctly.
- The distance to empty may differ from the actual driving distance as it is an estimate of the available driving distance.
- The Distance to Empty indicator may not change accurately if less than 1.5 gallons of fuel are added to the vehicle.
- The distance to empty may vary significantly based on driving conditions, driving habits, and condition of the vehicle.
Fuel economy (for 10.25-inch cluster)
The average fuel economy (1) and instant fuel economy (2) is displayed at the bottom of the cluster.
To automatically reset the average fuel economy, select between "After Ignition" or "After Refueling" from the Settings menu in the infotainment system screen.
Transmission shift indicator
The Transmission Shift Indicator is shown in the upper corner of the LCD display to indicate the current gear or Park(P).
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual