Hyundai Tucson: Coupling Assembly- Installation
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.
- Smear the splines (A) with molybdenum type high pressure grease.
- When install the coupling, be careful not to damage the oil seal (B).
- After replacing the coupling, reset the 4WD ECU's clutch learing using
the diagnostic tool.
(Refer to 4WD Control System - "Repair procedures")
The 4WD ECM controls the Pump Motor Pump (Actuator) to generating an oil pressure. The pressure engages a multiple disk clutch to transfer torque to the rear wheels. The torque to the rear wheels varies according to the pressure on the clutch.
If you have trouble code related to the oil hydraulic motor (actuator), check oil hydraulic motor (acmator) according to the inspection process.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual