Hyundai Tucson: Control Cable- Installation
Check if the 4th fixing pin (A) is installed.
- Install the control cable retainer (B) and then tightening the nuts (A).
Tightening torque: 11.8 - 14.7 N.m (1.2 - 1.5 kgf.m, 8.7 - 10.8 lb-ft)
- Install the clip, in the shape of a MU"(A), from the cable end by spreading it towards both sides.
- Install the shift lever (A) after tightening the bolts.
Tightening torque : 8.8 - 13.7 N.m (0.9 - 1.4 kgf.m, 6.5 - 10.1 lb-ft)
- Insert the shift cable socket (A) in the "F" direction.
- Insert the select cable socket (A) in the "F" direction.
- Insert the select cable end (A) in the "F" direction.
- Insert the snap pin (A) in the "F" direction.
- Move the adjust locking button (B) in the direction of "F" with pulling the holder (A) in the direction of "P".
- Install the control cable.
- Replace the cable clip with new clip.
- Insert the control cable (A) correctly into the bracket (B).
- When installing, please install by hand.
1)Install the snap pin (A).
2)Install the select cable (B) and then shift cable (C).
- Tighten the holder (A) to the "P" directions after fixing the adjust locking button (B) in the "F" direction.
- After assembling the snap pin, be sure to fixing the adjust locking button.
- If the cable boot is twisted, attach the cable by rotating the boot to loosen it, then pull the cable to see if there is a possibility that the cable will come off the bracket.
- Install the batteiy and batteiy tray.
(Refer to Engine Electrical System - "Battery")
- Install the air duct and air cleaner assembly.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Air Cleaner")
- Remove the 4th fixing pin (A).
- Install the floor air duct (A).
- Install the floor console assembly.
(Re fer to Body (Interior and Exterior) - " Floor Console")
- Connect the negative (-) batteiy cable.
- New shift lever assembly is mounted in the 4th fixing pin.
- After installation, remove the 4th fixed pin.
- Check operating of lever of transaxle side when operating shift lever after assembly. (1~6,R)
- If the jamming occurs at each stage when changing gears, readjust the cable length.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual