Hyundai Tucson: Control Shaft Complete
Components and Components Location
- Control shaft complete
- -Component location : Control shaft complete is mounted on the top of the manual transaxle, and select & shift cable are equipped.
- Function : Change the gear by shifting a shift lever.
- Shift the gear to "neutral".
- Turn OFF ignition switch and disconnect the negative (-) batteiy cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly and air duct.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Air Cleaner")
- Remove the battery and battery tray.
(Refer to Engine Electrical System - "Battery")
- Separate the control cable.
1 (Remove the snap pin (A).
2)Separate the select cable (B) and shift cable (C).
- Loosen the bolts and then removing the control shaft complete (A).
Tightening torque : 19.6 - 26.5 N.m (2.0 - 2.7 kgf.m. 14.5 - 19.5 lb-ft)
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.
- When installing, set control shaft lever to neutral position (A).
- Install the control shaft complete after spreading sealant to touching surface (A) of control shaft complete and transaxle assembly.
Specified sealant: MS 721-40 orMS721-38
- After installing, check to be sure that this part operates as designed at each range of T/M side corresponding to each position of shift lever.
- Perform the IMT filling check by using the diagnostic tool.
(Refer to Intelligent Manual Transaxle (IMT) Control System - "IMT System Learning Procedures")
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual