Hyundai Tucson: Brake Booster - Removal
- Reservoir cap
- Brake booster
- Master cylinder
- Push rod
- Turm ignition switch OFF and disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the battery.
(Refer to Engine Electrical System - "Battery")
- Disconnect the brake fluid level sensor connector (A).
- Remove the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir with a syringe.
- Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle, it may damage the paint; if brake fluid does contact the paint, wash it off immediately with water.
- Make sure no dirt or other foreign matter is allowed to contaminate the brake fluid.
- Separate the brake tube (A) from the master cylinder after loosening the tube flare nut.
Tightening torque : 18.6 - 22.6 N.m (1.9 - 2.3 kgf.m, 13.7 - 16.6 lb-ft)
- Remove the master cylinder (A) after loosening the master cylinder nuts.
Tightening torque : 9.8 - 15.7 N.rn (1.0 - 1.6 kgf.m, 7.2 -11.6 lb-ft)
- Separate the reservoir from the master cylinder after removing the screw (A).
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Before installing the pin. apply the grease to the joint pin.
- Use a new snap pin whenever installing.
- After installation, bleed the brake system.
(Refer to Brake System - "Brake Bleeding Procedures")
- Check the brake oil leakage and pedal operating condition.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual