Hyundai Tucson: Brake Tube Engine Room
- Be careful not to damage the parts located under the vehicle
(floor under cover, fuel filter, fuel tank and
canister) when raising the vehicle using the lift.
(Refer to General Information - "Lift and Support Points")
Brake Tube Engine Room
- Disconnect the brake fluid level switch connector, and remove the reservoir cap.
- Remove the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservior with a syringe.
- Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle, it may damage the paint; if brake fluid does contact the paint, wash it off immediately with water.
- Make sure no dirt or other foreign matter is allowed to contaminate the brake fluid.
- Remove the brake tube after loosening the flare nuts from the ESC, master cylinder and brake tube connector.
ESC : 18.6 - 22.6N.rn (1.9 - 2.3 kgf.m. 13.7 - 16.6 lb-ft)
Master cylinder : 18.6 - 22.6 N.m (1.9 - 2.3 kgf.m, 13.7 - 16.6 lb-ft)
Brake tube connector : 13.7 - 16.7 N.m (1.4 - 1.7 kgf.m, 10.1 - 12.3 lb-ft)
- Disconnect the brake fluid level sensor connector (A).
- Remove the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir with a syringe
Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle, it may damage the paint; if brake fluid does contact the paint, wash it off immediately with water.
- Remove the wheel & tire.
(Refer to Suspension System - "Wheel")
- Remove the tube flare nut (A) and brake hose bracket bolt (B).
(A) : 13.7 - 16.7 N.m (1.4-1.7 kgf.m, 10.1 - 12.3 lb-ft)
(B) : 19.6 - 29.4 N.m (2.0 - 3.0 kgf.m, 14.5 - 21.7 lb-ft)
- Remove the hose after loosening the brake hose bolt (A) from the caliper.
Tightening torque : 24.5 - 29.4 N.m (2.5 - 3.0 kgf.m, 18.1-21.7)
- Check the brake tubes for cracks, crimps and corrosion.
- Check the brake tube flare nuts for damase and fluid leakage.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Use a new washer (A) whenever installing.
- After installation, bleed the brake system.
(Refer to Brake System - "Brake Bleeding Procedures")
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual