Hyundai Tucson: Air cleaner
The air cleaner filter can be cleaned for inspection using compressed air. Do not attempt to wash or to rinse it, as water will damage the filter. If soiled, the air cleaner filter must be replaced.
- Pull up the air cleaner filter cover (1).
- Wipe the inside of the air cleaner.
- Pull down the lever to the UNLOCK (2) position.
- Replace the air cleaner filter.
- Reassemble the air cleaner cover in the reverse order.
If the vehicle is operated in extremely dusty or sandy areas, replace the element more often than the usual recommended intervals (refer to "Maintenance Under Severe Usage Conditions" in this chapter).
- Do not drive with the air cleaner filter removed. This will result in excessive engine wear.
- When removing the air cleaner filter, be careful that dust or dirt does not enter the air intake, or damage may result.
- Use HYUNDAI genuine parts or the
equivalent specified for your vehicle.
Use of non-genuine parts could damage the air flow sensor.
Cabin air filter
The cabin air filter should be replaced according to the Maintenance Schedule.
If the vehicle is operated in severely airpolluted cities or on dusty rough roads for a long period, it should be inspected more frequently and replaced sooner.
Replace the cabin air filter by following the procedure below and be careful to avoid damaging other components.
- Open the glove box and remove the support rod (1).
- Push in both sides of the glove box as shown. This will ensure that the glove box stopper pins will get released from its holding location allowing the glove box to hang.
- Press and hold the lock on the right side of the cover.
- Pull out the cover.
- Replace the cabin air filter.
- Reassemble in the reverse order of disassembly.
Install a new cabin air filter in the correct direction with the arrow symbol (↓) facing downwards, to prevent noise and improve effectiveness.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual