Hyundai Tucson: Rear Driveshaft Assembly - Disassembly
- Do not disassemble the BJ assembly.
- Special grease must be applied to the driveshaft joint. Do not substitute with another type of grease.
- The boot band should be replaced with a new one.
- Remove the TJ boot bands and pull the TJ boot from the TJ outer race.
(1) Using a pliers or flat-tipped (-) screwdriver, remove the LH boot band and LH TJ boot band from the driveshaft.
(2) Remove RH boot band and RH TJ boot band in the same way of LH removal procedure.
Be careful not to damage the boot.
- Pull out the driveshaft from the TJ outer race.
- Remove the snap ring (A) and take out the inner race(B), cage(C) and balls(D) as an assembly.
- Clean the inner race, cage and balls without disassembling.
- Remove the BJ boot bands and pull out the TJ boot and BJ boot.
If the boot (A) is to be reused, wrap tape(B) around the driveshaft splines(C) to protect the boot (A).
- Wrap tape around the driveshaft splines (TJ side ) to prevent damage to the boots.
- Apply grease to the driveshaft and install the boots.
- Apply the specified grease to the inner race (A) and cage (B). Install the cage (B) so that it is offset on the race as shown.
Use the grease included in the repair kit.
- Apply the specified grease to the cage and fit the balls into the cage.
- Position the chamfered side (A) as shown in the illustration. Install the inner race on the driveshaft(B). and then the snap ring.
- Apply the specified grease to the outer race and install the BJ outer race onto the driveshaft.
- Apply the specified grease into the TJ boot and install the boot with a clip.
- Tighten the TJ boot bands.
- Add the specified grease to the BJ as much as wiped away at inspection.
- Install the boots.
- Tighten the B J boot bands.
- To control the air in the TJ boot, keep the specified distance between the boot bands when they are tightened.
- Check the driveshaft boots for damage and deterioration.
- Check the ball joint for wear and damage.
- Check the splines for wear and damage.
- Check the driveshaft for cracks and wears.
- Check the T.T outer race, inner race, cage and balls for rust or damage.
- Check for water, foreign matter, or rust in the BJ boot.
- When the BJ assembly (A) is to be reused, do not wipe away the grease.
- Check that there are no foreign substances in the grease. If necessary, clean the BJ assembly (A) and replace grease.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.
- Check the alignment.
(Refer to Suspension System - "Alingment")
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual