Hyundai Tucson: Differential Carrier Assembly - Removal
- Rear differential carrier assembly
- Rear driveshaft assembly
- Coupling Assembly
- Propeller shaft assembly
- Pinion lock nut
- Oil seal (pinion side)
- Pinion outer bearing
- Oil seal (case side)
- Drain plug
- Differential carrier case
- Air breather
- Differential bearing shim (case side)
- Differential bearing shim (cover side)
- Differential carrier case side cover
- Oil seal (cover side)
- Filler plug
- Filler gasket
- Pinion bearing spacer
- Pinion inner bearing
- Pinion inner bearing adjust shim
- Pinion drive gear
- Differential gear bearing (case side)
- Ring gear
- Gear carrier
- Differential gear bearing (cover side)
- Disconnect the (-) battery terminal.
- Remove the rear driveshaft.
(Refer to Rear Driveshaft Assembly - "Rear Driveshaft")
- Remove the propeller shaft.
(Refer to Propeller Shaft Assembly - "Propeller Shaft")
- Remove the coupling assembly.
(Refer to All Wheel Drive (AWD) System - "Direct Electro Hydraulic Actuator Coupling")
- Install a jack oil the lower part of the differential.
- Remove the differential carrier assembly (A) after loosening the mounting bolts.
Tightening torque : 68.6 - 88.2 N m (7.0 - 9.0 kgf-m, 50.6 - 65.0 lb ft)
- Remove the differential carrier bracket (A) after loosening the mounting bolts
- After clearing, check for damage parts or abrasion. Follow the below method, if any are noticed.
- Check the tooth contact pattern.
1) Tooth contact pattern is a method for judging the result of the adjustmentof drive pinion height and final drive gear backlash. The adjustment of drivepinion height and final drive gear backlash should be repeated until the toothcontact patterns are similar to the standard tooth contact pattern.
2) When you cannot obtain a correct pattern, the drive gear and drive pinionhave exceeded their limits.
Both gears should be replaced as a set.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual