Hyundai Tucson: Inhibitor switch/ Manual control lever
- Inhibitor switch
- Manual control lever
Fault Diagnosis for Symptom
Signal Code Table
Thoroughly check connectors for looseness, poor connection, bending, corrosion, contamination, deterioration, or damage.
Items to check
- Inspect DTC code.
- Inspect whether N setting matches.
- Adjust N setting (refer to automatic transmission system - "inhibitor switch")
- Inspect shift cable separation.
- Adjust shift cable separation (refer to automatic transmission system - "shift cable")
- Inspect whether connector is connected.
- Inspect connector thoroughly for looseness, poor connection, bending, corrosion, contamination, deformation, or damage.
- Turn ignition key "ON" and engine "OFF" and measure the power supplied to inhibitor switch circuit and voltage between ground.
Specification : approx. 12 V
- F i x the pin wiring when connector pin wiring is faulty (refer to ETM - "wiring repair").
- Inspect ground condition on reversing light circuit.
- Check the ground location of reversing light (refer to ETM - "harness location map").
- Reattach reversing light if ground condition is faulty.
- Inspect wiring connection on junction box power terminal and fuse lamp.
- Check whether fuse holder is separated and holder is holding the fuse tight.
- Attach tester fuse to check if it is connected appropriately.
- Check whether fuse capacity is appropriate for each circuit.
- Check if fuse is damaged.
- Check pulling of fuse fixing wiring, inflow of foreign substance, and arrangement condition of terminal.
- Relocate the terminal that has been pulled and inspect using the method explained above.
- When problem is not solved, refer to the circuit diagram wiring repair instructions to fix or replace the terminal.
- Inspect inhibitor switch signal.
- Turn ignition key "ON" and engine "OFF".
- Measure the voltage between each terminal and chassis ground when shifting lever to "P. R. N, D" range.
Specified value: refer to specification "signal code" table
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual