Hyundai Tucson: Front Suspension System- Disassembly
When compressing the coil spring, be cautious as there may be corrosion due to damage to the coil spring painting.
In order to avoid such painting damage, compress by putting over the waste hose, etc. (Refer to the picture below.)
- Remove the insulator cap (A).
- Using the spring compressor, compress the coil spring (A).
- Using SST (0K546-F6100), loosen the self locking nut.
- Remove the insulator, spring pad, coil spring and dust cover from the stmt assembly.
When lifting a vehicle using a lift, be careful not to damage the lower parts of the vehicle (floor under cover, fuel filter, fuel tank, canister).
(Refer to General Information - "Lift Point")
- Loosen the front wheel nuts slightly.
Raise the vehicle, and make sure it is securely supported.
- Remove the front wheel and tire.
(Refer to Suspension System - "Wheel")
- Loosen the front lower arm mounting bolt and nut (A).
Tightening torque : 98.0 - 117.6 N.m (10.0 - 12.0 kgf.m, 72.3 - 86.7 lb-ft)
- Remove the lower arm from the knuckle by using the SST (09568-4R100).
(1) Install the support bolt (A) from lower arm bolt hole.
(2) Install the support body (B) from front axle.
(3) Tighten the bolt (C).
- Remove the lower arm (A) from the sub frame after loosening the mounting bolts.
Tightening torque : 156.9 - 176.5 N.m (16.0 - 18.0 kgf.m, 115.7 - 130.2 lb-ft)
- Check the bushing for wear and deterioration.
- Check the lower arm for bending or breakage.
- Check the lower arm for deformation.
- Check the all bolts and nuts.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual