Hyundai Tucson: Brake Pedal
- Brake member assembly
- Stop lamp switch
- Brake pedal arm assembly
- Brake pedal pad
System circuit diagram
- Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect the negative (-) batteiy cable.
- Remove the crash pad lower panel.
(Refer to Body - "Crash Pad Lower Panel")
- Confirm the gap between stop lamp switch and bracket.
Stop lamp clearance (A) : 1.0 - 2.0 mm (0.04 - 0.08 in.)
- If the gap between stop lamp switch and bracket is not 1.0 - 2.0 mm (0.04 - 0.08 in), check the mounting clip and other part of around stop lamp.
- If there is normal, remove the stop lamp switch and then install again.
- Fuse inspection
Mount the test fuse to the switch fuse and relay fuse part to confirm a normal joint fit.
- Diagnostic tool Data Analysis
- Analyze diagnostic tool data and confirm if there is anything wrong with the stop lamp switch.
(1) Connect the diagnostic tool to the self-diagnosis connector.
(2) Turn the spark switch on (3) Step on the brake pedal.
(4) Inspect the "brake switch" categoiy that displays the "sensor data" diagnostic tool.
Normal waveform : The pressure sensor signal value will change according to the brake ON/OFF switch.
- Inspection of connector by each part
Check to see whether or not each connector has been damaged, or terminal surge, or incomplete connection has taken place
Engine room junction box
ABS/VDC control module
- Inspect the stop lamp circuit
Connect probe to each terminal wire and confirm oscilloscope waveform.
Stop lamp switch input/output
Oscilloscope waveform screen
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual