Hyundai Tucson: The MDX-670P Analyzer
The MDX-670P battery conductance and electrical system analyzer tests batteries as well as starting and charging systems for vehicle.
It displays the test results in seconds and features a built-in printer to provide a copy of the results.
1) Because of the possibility of personal injury, always use extreme caution and appropriate eye protection when working with batteries.
2) When charging battery by test result, Battery must be fully charged. To get accurate test result, battery surface voltage must have subsided ahead before test when you test battery after charged. (See following Battery Test Results)
When testing the vehicle with old diesel engines, the test result will not be favorable if the glow plug is not heated. Conduct the test after warming up the engine for 5 minutes.
- Connect the red clamp to the positive (+) terminal and the black clamp to the negative (-) terminal
For a proper connection, rock the clamps back and forth. The tester requires that both sides of each clamp be firmly connected before testing. A poor connection will produce a CHECK CONNECTION or WIGGLE CLAMPS message. If the message appears, clean the terminals and reconnect the clamps.
- Scroll to and select IN VEHICLE or OUT OF VEHICLE for a battery not connected to a vehicle.
Following an IN VEHICLE test you will be prompted to test the starting and charging systems
- Scroll to and select REGULAR FLOODED, AGM FLAT PLATE, or AGM SPIRAL where applicable
If the vehicle equipped with ISG function, select the AGM FLAT PLATE.
- Scroll to and select the battery's rating system.
Mostly, the CCA value is marked on the battery label, but sometimes marked EN or SEA value. Select one of them.
- CCA : Cold Cranking Amps, as specified by SAE. The most common rating for cranking batteries at 0ºF (-17.8 ºC).
- EN : Europe-Norm
- SAE : Society of Automotive Engineers, the European labeling of CCA
- Set the selected rating value displayed on the screen to the value marked on the battery label by pressing up and down arrow buttons
- Press ENTER to start test.
- After several seconds the tester displays the decision on the battery's
condition and the measured voltage.
The tester also displays your selected battery rating and the rating units.
Battery Test Results
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual