Hyundai Tucson: Heated Steering Wheel Control Module (Integrated Body Control Unit (IBU)
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) cable.
- Remove the glove box.
(Refer to Body - "Glove Box")
- Remove the heater control unit.
(Refer to Heating,Ventilation And Air Conditioning - "Heater Control Unit")
- Remove the IBU (A) after loosening the mounting bolts and nuts.
- Remove the IBU (A) after disconnecting the connector
- Measure the resistance of NTC and Heated pad.
NTC resistance - 10.0 k +- 5 % (25ºC)
Heated pad resistance - 1.90 +- 10 %
- Measure the temperature.
- The temperature of wheel surface must rise from -20ºC to 20ºC in 6 minutes.
- The temperature of wheel surface must reach 38ºC +- 4 0 C in 25 minutes.
- Remove the steering wheel.
(Refer to Steering Wheel - "Removal")
- Loosen the paddle shift switch mounting screw (A).
- Remove the paddle shift switch (A) after disconnecting the connector
- Remove the lower cover (A) after loosening the screw.
- Disconnect the wiring (A).
- Remove the steering wheel bezel (A).
- Remove the haptic motor (A) after loosening the screws.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual