Hyundai Tucson: Column & Housing Noise Repair Guide
R-MDPS Warning lamp Diagnosis Guide
Inspection Items per DTC
Checking Connectors and Wiring
- Checking Connectors and Wiring.
Check for damage, push-back, or improper connection in each connector and wiring.
(1) Check the wiring on the vehicle side.
- Check for open short - circuit due to fault},' connection, damage, or foreign substance.
The following phenomena are not malfunctions when the MDPS warning lamp is not lit.
- There is no auxiliary steering force temporarily during the MDPS system self-diagnosis time (about 2 seconds) immediately after the engine starts, but this is not a malfunction.
- There is noise due to relay connection when the engine is on or off, but this is a normal operation sound.
- There is noise caused by motor rotation when operating the steering wheel m a stationary or low-speed driving state, but this is a normal operating sound.
MDPS(Motor Driven Power Steering) Handling precautions
- A failure may occur due to the internal damage when a new partial part is dropped, impacted or excessive external load is applied.
→ If a partial part is impacted or is dropped, replace it with a new part.
- If excessive impact is applied when assembling the steering wheel, center point of the torque sensor may be warped.
→ Caution is needed when tightening by excessive impact.
- Be careful for the damage to the wiring due to deformation, when detaching attaching the contactor or excessive external force is applied.
→ Excessive insertion of the connector or using after removal is prohibited.
- Caution is needed for partial part storage and replacement work under abnormal condition of the temperature and humidity.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual