Hyundai Tucson: SRS care
The SRS is virtually maintenance-free and there are no parts you can safely service by yourself. If the SRS air bag warning light does not illuminate when the Engine Start/Stop button is in the ON position, or continuously remains on, we recommend that the system be immediately inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
We recommend any work on the SRS system, such as removing, installing, repairing, or any work on the steering wheel, the front passenger's panel, front seats and roof rails be performed by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer. Improper handling of the SRS system may result in serious personal injury.
To reduce the risk of serious injury or death take the following precautions:
- Do not attempt to modify or disconnect the SRS components or wiring, including the addition of any kind of badges to the pad covers or modifications to the body structure.
- Do not place objects over or near the air bag modules on the steering wheel, instrument panel, and the front passenger's panel above the glove box.
- Clean the air bag pad covers with a soft cloth moistened with plain water. Solvents or cleaners could adversely affect the air bag covers and proper deployment of the system.
- We recommend that inflated air bags be replaced by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
- If components of the air bag system
must be discarded, or if the vehicle
must be scrapped, certain safety
precautions must be observed.
We recommend that you consult an authorized HYUNDAI dealer for the necessary information. Failure to follow these precautions could increase the risk of personal injury.
Additional safety precautions
Passengers should not move out of or change seats while the vehicle is moving. A passenger who is not wearing a seat belt during a crash or emergency stop can be thrown against the inside of the vehicle, against other occupants, or be ejected from the vehicle.
Do not use any accessories on seat belts. Devices claiming to improve occupant comfort or reposition the seat belt can reduce the protection provided by the seat belt and increase the chance of serious injury in a crash.
Do not modify the front seats.
Modification of the front seats could interfere with the operation of the supplemental restraint system sensing components or side air bags.
Do not place items under the front seats. Placing items under the front seats could interfere with the operation of the supplemental restraint system sensing components and wiring harnesses.
Do not cause impact to the doors.
Impact to the doors when the Engine Start/Stop button is in the ON or START position may cause the air bags to inflate.
Modifications to accommodate disabilities. If you require modification to your vehicle to accommodate a disability, contact the HYUNDAI Customer Connect Center at 800-633- 5151.
Adding equipment to or modifying your air bag equipped vehicle
If you modify your vehicle by changing your vehicle's frame, bumper system, front end or side sheet metal or ride height, this may affect the operation of your vehicle's air bag system.
Air bag warning labels
Air bag warning labels, required by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), are attached to alert the driver and passengers of potential risks of the air bag system. Be sure to read all of the information about the air bags that are installed on your vehicle in this Owners Manual.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual