Hyundai Tucson: Side airbag (SAB)
- Side airbag (SAB)
- Disconnect the batteiy negative terminal.
After disconnecting the cables, wait at least 3 minutes.
- Remove the front seat back cover.
(Refer to Body - "Front Seat Back Cover")
- Remove the side airbag (A) by loosening the nuts.
Tightening torque : 5.9 - 7.8 N.m (0.6 - 0.8 kgf.m, 4.3 - 5.8 lb-ft)
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- After installing the airbag module, confirm proper system operation.
Switch ON the ignition. The SRS indicator light should turn on for about three-six seconds and then off.
Curtain airbags are installed inside the headliner (LH and RH) and protect the the heads of the front seat occupants and the rear outboard seat occupants from danger when side crash occurs. The SRSCM determines deployment of curtain airbag by using side impact sensor (SIS) signal.
Never attempt to measure the circuit resistance of the airbag module even if you are using the specified tester. If the circuit resistance is measured with a tester, accidental airbag deployment will result in serious personal injury.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual