Hyundai Tucson: Rear Occupant Alert (ROA)
Rear Occupant Alert is provided to prevent a driver from leaving a vehicle with a rear passenger left in the vehicle.
To use Rear Occupant Alert, it must be enabled from the Settings menu in the infotainment system screen. Select:
- Setup → Vehicle Settings → Convenience → Rear Occupant Alert
For detailed information, scan the QR code in the separately supplied simple manual.
- First alert
When you turn off the engine and open the driver's door after opening and closing the rear door or liftgate, the 'Check rear seats' warning message appears on the cluster.
- Second alert
After the first alert, the second alert operates when any movement is detected in the vehicle after the driver's door is closed and all the doors are locked. The horn will sound for approximately 25 seconds. If the system continues to detect a movement, the alert operates up to 8 times.
Unlock the doors with the smart key to stop the alert.
- The system detects movement in the vehicle for 8 hours after the door is locked.
- The second alert is activated only after the prior activation of the first alert.
- Make sure that all the windows are closed. If the window is open, the alert may operate by the sensor detecting an unintended movement (e.g. wind or bugs).
- If you do not want to use Rear Occupant Alert, press the OK button on the steering wheel when the first alert is displayed on the cluster. Doing so will deactivate the second alert one time.
- An alert can occur if there is an impact on the roof.
- If boxes or objects are stacked in the vehicle, the system may not detect the boxes or objects. Or, the alert may operate if the boxes or objects fall off.
- The sensor may not operate normally if the sensor is blocked with foreign substances.
- The alert may operate if movement in the driver or passenger seat is detected.
- The alert may operate with the doors locked due to car wash or surrounding vibration or noise.
- If the vehicle is started remotely (if equipped with Remote Start), inside movement detection will stop.
- When the scheduled ventilation function is in operation, inside movement detection will stop.
Even if your vehicle is equipped with Rear Occupant Alert, always make sure to check the rear seat before you leave the vehicle.
Rear Occupant Alert may not operate when:
- Movement does not continue for a certain period of time or the movement is small.
- The rear passenger is covered with an object such as a blanket.
- Always be cautious of the passenger's safety as the detection function and second alert may not operate depending on the surrounding environment and certain conditions.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual