Hyundai Tucson: RCV Control Solenoid Valve
RCV (Recirculation Valve) Control Solenoid Valve is installed on the intercooler inlet pipe and operates the RCV actuator which controls the by-pass passage of the turbocharger compressor.When the throttle is closed, while the engine is running at cruise rpm (tip-out), the turbocharger boost pressure raises rapidly. The pressure wave strikes a compressor blades causing a knocking noise. To prevent this the ECM opens the recirculation valve which allows excessive boost pressure to vent back to the air cleaner side of the turbocharger compressor.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect the RCV control solenoid valve connector.
- Measure resistance between the valve terminals 1 and 2.
- Check that the resistance is within the specification.
Specification : Refer to "Specification"
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) cable.
- Remove the front bumper assembly.
(Refer to Body (Interior nad Exterior) - "Front Bumper Assembly")
- Disconnect the RCV control solenoid valve connector (A).
- Remove the RCV control solenoid valve (B), after loosen mounting bolt.
Tightening Torque : 9.8 - 11.8 N.m (1.0 - 1.2 kgf.m, 7.2 - 8.7 lb-ft)
- Install the component to the specified torques.
- Note that internal damage may occur when the component is dropped. In this case, use it after inspecting.
- Insert the sensor in the installation hole and be careful not to damase it during installation.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual