Hyundai Tucson: Power outlet
The power outlet is designed to provide power for mobile telephones or other devices designed to operate with vehicle electrical systems. The devices should draw less than 180 watts with the engine running.
Avoid electrical shocks. Do not place your fingers or foreign objects (pin, etc.) into a power outlet or touch the power outlet with a wet hand.
To prevent damage to the power outlets:
- Use the power outlet only when the engine is running and remove the accessory plug after use. Using the accessory plug for prolonged periods of time with the engine off could cause the battery to discharge.
- Only use 12 volts electric accessories which are less than 180 watts in electric capacity.
- Adjust the air-conditioner or heater to the lowest operating level when using the power outlet.
- Close the cover when not in use.
- Some electronic devices can cause electronic interference when plugged into a vehicle's power outlet. These devices may cause excessive audio static and malfunctions in other electronic systems or devices used in your vehicle.
- Push the plug in as far as it will go. If good contact is not made, the plug may overheat and the fuse may open.
- Plug in battery equipped electrical/ electronic devices with reverse current protection. The current from the battery may flow into the vehicle's electrical/electronic system and cause system malfunction.
The USB charger is designed to recharge batteries of small size electrical devices using a USB cable.
The electrical devices can be recharged when the Engine Start/Stop button is in the ACC or ON (or START) position.
The battery charging state may be monitored on the electrical device.
Disconnect the USB cable from the USB port after use.
- A smart phone or a tablet PC may get warmer during the re-charging process. It does not indicate any malfunction with the charging system.
- A smart phone or a tablet PC, which
adopts a different re-charging
method, may not be properly recharged.
In this case, use an exclusive charger of your device.
- The charging terminal is only to recharge a device. Do not use the charging terminal either to turn ON an audio or to play media In the infotainment system.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual