Hyundai Tucson: Exterior features
Your vehicle may come equipped with roof rack rails. If your vehicle is equipped with roof rack rails, you may be able to add roof rack crossbars as an accessory (not shown).
If the vehicle is equipped with a sunroof, be sure not to position cargo onto the roof side rails in such a way that it could interfere with sunroof operation.
- When carrying cargo on the roof side rails, take the necessary precautions to make sure the cargo does not damage the roof of the vehicle.
- When carrying large objects on the roof side rails, make sure they do not exceed the overall roof length or width.
- The following specification is the
maximum weight that can be loaded
onto the roof side rails. Distribute the
load as evenly as possible onto the
roof side rails and secure the load
Loading cargo or luggage in excess of the specified weight limit on the roof side rails may damage your vehicle.
- The vehicle center of gravity will be higher when items are loaded onto the roof side rails. Avoid sudden starts, braking, sharp turns, abrupt maneuvers or high speeds that may result in loss of vehicle control or rollover resulting in an accident.
- Always drive slowly and turn corners carefully when carrying items on the roof side rails. Severe wind updrafts, caused by passing vehicles or natural causes, can cause sudden upward pressure on items loaded on the roof side rails. This is especially true when carrying large, flat items such as wood panels or mattresses. This could cause the items to fall off the roof side rails and cause damage to your vehicle or others around you.
- To prevent damage or loss of cargo while driving, check frequently before or while driving to make sure the items on the roof side rails are securely fastened.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual