Hyundai Tucson: Before driving
Before entering the vehicle
- Be sure all windows, outside mirror(s), and outside lights are clean and unobstructed.
- Remove frost, snow, or ice.
- Visually check the tires for uneven wear and damage.
- Check under the vehicle for any sign of leaks.
- Be sure there are no obstacles behind you if you intend to back up.
- Make sure the hood, the liftgate, and the doors are securely closed and locked.
- Adjust the position of the seat and steering wheel.
- Adjust the inside and side view mirrors.
- Verify all the lights work.
- Fasten your seat belt. Check that all passengers have fastened their seat belts.
- Check the gauges and indicators in the instrument panel and the messages on the instrument display when the ignition switch is in the ON position.
- Check that any items you are carrying are stored properly or fastened down securely.
To reduce the risk of SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH, take the following precautions:
- ALWAYS wear your seat belt. All
passengers must be properly belted
whenever the vehicle is moving.
For more information, refer to "Seat Belts" section in chapter 3.
- Always drive defensively. Assume other drivers or pedestrians may be careless and make mistakes.
- Stay focused on the task of driving.
Driver distraction can cause accidents.
- Leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front of you.
NEVER drink or take drugs and drive.
Drinking or taking drugs and driving is dangerous and may result in an accident and SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH.
Drunk driving is the number one contributor to the highway death toll each year. Even a small amount of alcohol will affect your reflexes, perceptions and judgment. Just one drink can reduce your ability to respond to changing conditions and emergencies and your reaction time gets worse with each additional drink.
Driving while under the influence of drugs is as dangerous or more dangerous than driving under the influence of alcohol.
You are much more likely to have a serious accident if you drink or take drugs and drive. If you are drinking or taking drugs, don't drive. Do not ride with a driver who has been drinking or taking drugs. Choose a designated driver or call a taxi.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual