Hyundai Tucson: Intelligent Manual Transaxle (IMT)
Components and Components Location
- Clutch housing
- Gear position sensor
- IMT system actuator
- Control shaft complete
- Transaxle bracket
- Control cable bracket
- Remove the air cleaner assembly and air duct.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Air Cleaner")
- Remove the batteiy and batteiy tray.
(Refer to Engine Electrical System - "Battery")
- Disconnect the speed sensor connector (A).
- Remove the control cable bracket and control cable.
1)Remove the snap pin (A) and then separate the select cable (B) and shift cable (C).
2)Loosen the mounting bolts and then removing the control cable bracket (D) with control cable at the same time.
Tightening torque : 14.7 - 21.6 N.m (1.5 - 2.2 kgf.m, 10.8 - 15.9 lb-ft)
- Loosen the bolts and then removing the wiring bracket (A) and the CKP sensor (B).
- Disconnect the gear position sensor connector (A) and then separate the wiring clip (B).
- Loosen the bolt and then separate the wiring bracket (A) after disconnect the IMT system actuator connector (B).
- Loosen the starter mounting bolt (A) and the transaxle upper mounting bolts (B).
Tightening torque :
(A) 49.0 - 63.7 N.m (5.0 - 6.5 kgf.m. 36.2 - 47.0 lb-ft)
(B) 42.2 - 53.9 N.m (4.3 - 5.5 kgf.m, 31.1 - 39.8 lb-ft)
- Assemble the engine support fixture use a (Beam SST No.: 09200 - 3N000. Adapter SST No.: 09200-4X000, Engine support fixture (front) SST No.: 09200-L1200, Engine support fixture (Supporter) SST No.: 09200- 2S200.
- Using the engine support fixture (A), hold the engine and transaxle assembly safely.
- Remove the front wheel guard LH .
(Refer to Body (Interior and Exterior) - "Front Wheel Guard")
- Loosen the transaxle bracket support mounting bolts (A).
Tightening torque : 88.3 - 107.9 N.m (9.0 - 11.0 kgf.m, 65.1 - 79.8 lb-ft)
- Loosen the bolts and then removing the transaxle bracket (A).
Tightening torque : 58.9 - 78.5 N.m (6.0 - 8.0 kgf.m, 43.4 - 57.9 lb-ft)
- Remove the engine room under cover.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Engine Room Under Cover")
- Loosen the oil drain plug (A) and then drain the oil.
Tightening torque : 58.9 - 78.5 N.m (6.0 - 8.0 kgf.m. 43.4 - 57.8 lb-ft)
The existing oil drain plug gasket (A) must be replaced with a new one. (Do not reuse it.)
- Remove the sub frame.
(Refer to Suspension System - "Sub Frame")
- Remove the front drive shaft assembly.
(Refer to Driveshaft and axle - "Driveshaft Assembly")
- Loosen the bolts and then removing the roll rod support bracket (A).
Tightening torque : 49.0 - 68.6 N.m (5.0 - 7.0 kgf.m. 36.2 - 50.6 lb-ft)
- Loosen the bolt and then removing the ground line (A).
- Loosen the lower mounting bolts (A).(B) of lower part of the transaxle, and the left side cover and removing the transaxle assembly by supporting it with a jack.
Tightening torque :
(A) 42.2 - 48.1 N.m (4.3 - 4.9 kgf.m, 31.1 - 35.4 llvft)
(B) 42.2 - 53.9 N.m (4.3 - 5.5 kgf.m. 31.1 - 39.8 lb-ft)
- If the oil seal on the transaxle case side is damaged and fluid is leaking, replace the oil seal with a new unit.
- When installing the new oil seaL use the specialized tool.
Oil seal installer both sides 2WD: 09453-2F300
Oil seal installer clutch housing sid e 4WD : 09473-D3500
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.
- Injection the manual transaxle fluid.
(Refer to Intelligent Manual transaxle (IMT) System (M6CF3-le) - "Intelligent Manual transaxle (IMT) Oil")
- Perform the IMT filling check by using the diagnostic tool.
(Refer to IMT(intelligent Manual Transaxle) Control System - "IMT System Learning Procedures")
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual