Hyundai Tucson: IMT Control Module (TCM)
The transaxle Control Module (TCM) is like the brain for the Intelligent Manual transaxle (IMT). It receives information from various sensors for a wide range of transaxle controls to provide an optimal driving environment for the driver. The TCM is programmed for optimal operation in all driving conditions. If the TCM malfunctions, store the failure information in memory and provide the error information to a mechanic for fast and accurate repair.
Components and Components Location
- Transaxle Control Module (TCM)
Connector and Terminal Information
- Turn OFF ignition switch and disconnect the negative (-) batteiy cable.
- Remove the glove box.
(Refer to Body (Interior and Exterior) - "Glove Box")
- Remove the integrated body control unit (IBU).
(Refer to Body Electrical System - "Integrated Body Control Unit (IBU)")
- Remove the heater control unit.
(Refer to Heating,Ventilation And Air Conditioning - "Heater Unit")
- Disconnect the TCM connector (A).
- Loosen the nuts and bolt and then removing the TCM (A).
Tightening torque : 9.8 - 11.8 N.m (1.0 - 1.2 kgf.m, 7.2 - 8.7 lb-ft)
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.
- After mounting, perform the IMT system learning procedures.
(Refer to IMT(intelligent Manual Transaxle) Control System - "IMT System Learning Procedures")
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual