Hyundai Tucson: GPF Regeneration
This procedures is to forcibly regenerate the GPF with scan tool when the GPF doesn't have been regenerated during driving. For example, if the vehicle has repeated "Low speed driving" or "Short distance driving", the GPF regeneration procedure cannot be proceeded because "Regeneration Mode" doesn't made.
- If performing the GPF service regeneration mode indoors, fire
or burn injuries may occur by high temperature exhaust
Therefore the GPF service regeneration mode must be performed in a outdoor safe zone.
Forcibly Regeneration Condition
- Engine coolant temperature : about 70ºC
- Engine at idle
- P-range (A/T) or Neutral (M/T)
- Normal battery voltage
- Electrical fully load ON (A/C ON if equipped, Blower ON with maximum speed, Head Lamp ON, Wiper ON, Other Lamps ON, etc.).
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Connect a diagnostic tool to Data Link Connector (DLC).
- Turn ignition switch ON.
- Select "Vehicle, Model year, Engine, System".
- Start engine at idle and P-range (A/T) or neutral (M/T).
- Apply electrical fully load to the vehicle (A/C ON, Blower ON with maximum speed, Head Lamp ON, Wiper ON, and Other Lamps ON, etc.).
- Select "Vehicle S/W Management".
- Select "GPF Service Regeneration".
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual