Hyundai Tucson: Gear acmator assembly- Description
- Components location : DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission)
The input shaft speed sensor is important in that it detects the input shaft RPM and sends this information to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
It provides important input information for electric control.
The information is needed in all operations, including feedback control, gear shift control and failure detection of other sensors.
- Input shaft speed sensor 1 (Odd)
- Input shaft speed sensor 2 (Even)
- The DCT system can be more quickly diagnosed for troubles by using the vehicle diagnostic system (diagnostic tool). (Refer to DTC guide) diagnostic tool provides the following information.
1) Self diagnosis : Inspects and displays diagnostic trouble code (DTC)
2) Sensor data : Checks the system input/output value staftis
3)Forced operation : Checks the system operating status
4) Additional function : Controls system options, zero point adjustment and other functions
- Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly and air duct.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Air cleaner")
- Disconnect the input shaft speed sensor connector (A).
- Remove the clutch actuator.
(Refer to Dual Clutch Transmission Control System - "Clutch Actuator & TCM Assembly")
- Remove the input shaft speed sensor (A).
Tightening torque : 9.8 - 11.8 N.m (1.0 - 1.2kgf.m, 7.2 - 8.7 lb-ft)
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
Before installing the input speed sensor,check the assembled state of the O-rings (A) and should apply gear oil to the surface of O- rings.
- The inhibitor switch is installed on top of transmission, and is connected to the shift lever through shift cable.
- Inhibitor switch signals (SI, S2, S3, S4) are transmitted to the TCM according to the driver's shift lever control.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual