Hyundai Tucson: Engine oil flow diagram
- Variable oil pump
- Variable oil pump sproket
- Oil Pressure & temperature sensor
- Oil filter
- Filter cap O-ring
- Filter cap
- Safety pin
- Oil cooler
Engine oil flow diagram
- Prolonged and repeated contact with mineral oil will result in the removal of natural fats from the skin, leading to dryness, irritation and dermatitis. In addition, used engine oil contains potentially harmful contaminants which may cause skin cancer.
- Exercise caution in order to minimize the length and frequency of contact of your skin to used oil. Wear protective clothing and gloves. Wash your skin thoroughly with soap and water, or use water-less hand cleaner, to remove any used engine oil. Do not use gasoline, thinners, or solvents.
- In order to preserve the environment, used oil and used oil filter must be disposed of only at designated disposal sites.
- Drain the engine oil.
(1) Remove the oil filler cap (A).
(2) Remove the service cover (A).
(3) Remove the oil drain plug (A), and drain the oil into a container.
- Replace the oil filter.
(1) Remove the safety pin (A).
(2) Remove the pre-drain plug (A) by rotating it by 90º and then drain the engine oil in the oil filter.
(3) Using the socket wrench, remove the oil filter cap (A).
(4) Replace the new o-ring (A) on the oil filter cap.
- Always use a new O-ring.
- Wipe off the oil and foreign substances remaining inside the filter housing, threads and cover cap threads as much as possible.
*If the residual oil is not removed, it may leak between the cover cap and the housing mating surfaces, which can be mistaken for oil leakage. (The amount of leaking oil and the leaking period may differ depending on the amount of residual oil)
(5) Install the new oil filter (A).
- When install the oil filter, apply engine oil to the drain plug O-ring (A).
- Must use the drain plug (A) that is installed in a new oil filter.
(6) Rotate the free drain plug (A) by 90º so that the drain pin is in the locked position.
(7) Install the new safety pin (A).
Always use a new safety pin.
(8) Lightly tighten the O-ring of the oil filter cap until it contacts with the installed surface, then tighten the oil filter cap (A) to the specified torque using a socket wrench..
Tightening torque : 34.3 N.m (3.5 kgf.m, 25.3 lb-ft)
- Always use a new O-ring.
- When install the oil filter cap, Check if the new o-ring (A) is installed correctly the cap.
When install the oil filter cap, apply engine oil to the new O-ring (A).
- Assemble the drain plug to the specified torque using a torque wrench.
* When manually assembling the drain plug using a hexagonal wrench, it may result in the damage to the drain plug or leakage due to the failure to comply with the specified torque.
- Refill with engine oil.
(1) Install the oil drain plug (A) with a new gasket.
Tightening torque : 34.3 - 44.1 N.m (3.5 - 4.5 kgf.m, 25.3 - 32.5 lb-ft)
(2) Install the service cover (A).
(3) Fill with fresh engine oil.
Total : 5.0 L (1.32 U.S.gal., 5.28 U.S.qt., 4.4 lmp.qt.)
Oil pan : 4.4 L (1.16 U.S.gal., 4.65 U.S.qt., 3.87 lmp.qt.)
Drain and refill including oil filter :
4.8 L (1.27 U.S.gal., 5.07 U.S.qt., 4.22 lmp.qt.)
(4) Install the oil filler cap (A).
- Engine and check for oil leaks.
- Recheck the engine oil level.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual