Hyundai Tucson: Driveshaft Assembly- Removal
- Front driveshaft (LH)
- Inner shaft bearing bracket
- Front driveshaft (RH)
- When lifting a vehicle using a lift, be careful not to damage the lower parts of the vehicle (floor under cover, fuel filter, fuel tank, canister).
(Refer to General Information - "Lift Point")
- Loosen the front wheel nuts slightly.
Raise the vehicle, and make sure it is securely supported.
- Remove the front wheel and tire.
(Refer to Suspension System - "Wheel")
- Loosen the caulking nut (A) from the front hub.
Tightening torque : 294.2 - 313.8 N.m (30.0 - 32.0 kgf.m, 217.0 - 231.5 lb-ft)
- The driveshaft lock nut (A) should be replaced with new ones.
- After installation driveshaft lock nut, stake the lock nut using a chisel and hammer as shown in the illustration below.
Caulking depth : 1.5 111111 (0.591 in.)
- Loosen the tie rod end ball joint nut (A).
Tightening torque: 98.0 - 117.6 N.111 (10.0 - 12.0 kgf.m, 72.3 - 86.7 lb-ft)
- Remove the tie rod end ball joint using the SST (09568-1S100).
- Loosen the front lower arm mounting bolt and nut (A).
Tightening torque: 98.0 - 117.6 N.ni (10.0 - 12.0 kgf.m, 72.3 - 86.7 lb-ft)
- Remove the lower arm from the knuckle by using the SST (09568-4R100).
(1) Install the support bolt (A) from lower arm bolt hole.
(2) Install the support body (B) from front axle.
(3) Tighten the bolt (C).
- Remove the drive shaft (A) from the front axle assembly (B).
- Remove the driver side drive shaft (B) using the pry bar (A).
- Use a pry bar being careful not to damage the transaxle and joint.
- Do not insert the pry bar too deep, as this may cause damage to the oil seal.
- Do not pull the driveshaft by excessive force it may cause components inside the joint kit to dislodge resulting in a torn boot or a damaged bearing.
- Plug the hole of the transaxle case with the oil seal cap to prevent contamination.
- Support the driveshaft properly.
- Replace the retainer ring whenever the driveshaft is removed from the transaxle case.
- Remove the passenger side driveshaft after loosening the inner shaft mounting bolts (A).
Tightening torque: 49.0 - 68.6 N.m (5.0 - 7.0 kgf.m, 36.2 - 50.6 lb-ft)
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual