Hyundai Tucson: Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA)
Remote Smart Parking Assist uses vehicle sensors to help the driver park and exit parking spaces remotely from outside the vehicle by controlling the steering wheel, vehicle speed and gearshifts.
- Remote Forward/Backward function helps the driver move the vehicle forward or Backward from outside the vehicle using the smart key.
- When Remote Smart Parking Assist operates, Surround View Monitor and Parking Distance Warning will also operate. For more details, refer to "Surround View Monitor (SVM) and "Parking Distance Warning (PDW)" sections in chapter 7.
 : Front ultrasonic sensors,
 : Front side ultrasonic sensors,
 : Rear side ultrasonic sensors,
 : Rear ultrasonic sensors
Refer to the picture above for the detailed location of the detecting sensors.
Take the following precautions to maintain optimal performance of the detecting sensors:
- Never disassemble the detecting sensor or sensor assembly, or apply any impact on it.
- If the detecting sensor have been replaced or repaired, we recommend that you have your vehicle inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
- Remote Smart Parking Assist may malfunction if the vehicle bumper height or ultrasonic sensor installation has been modified or damaged. Any non-factory installed equipment or accessories may also interfere with the sensor performance.
- When the ultrasonic sensor is frozen or stained with snow, dirt, or water, the sensor may be not operate until the stains are removed using a soft cloth.
- Do not push, scratch or strike the ultrasonic sensor. Sensor damage could occur.
- Do not spray the ultrasonic sensors or its surrounding area directly with a high pressure washer.
Remote Smart Parking Assist Settings
With the engine on, select 'Driver Assistance → Warning Volume' from the Settings menu to change the Warning Volume to 'High', 'Medium' or 'Low' for Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist.
If you change the Warning Volume, the Warning Volume of other Driver Assistance systems may change.
Remote Smart Parking Assist Operation
Remote Smart Parking Assist button
Press and hold the Parking/View button to turn on Remote Smart Parking Assist. Also, Forward/Reverse Parking Distance warning will automatically turn on.
Parking Safety button
Press the Parking Safety button while Remote Smart Parking Assist is operating to end Remote Smart Parking Assist operation.
Remote Start button
- Press the Remote Start button after the door is locked with the engine off to start the engine remotely.
- Press the Remote Start button while Remote Forward/Reverse function is operating to end function operation.
When using the Remote Forward/Reverse function, the vehicle moves in the direction of the button while the button is pressed.
When using the Remote Forward/Reverse function, the vehicle moves in the direction of the button while the button is pressed.
Remote Forward/Backward operates in the following order:
- Getting ready to remotely move forward and backward
- Remotely moving forward and backward
1. Getting ready to remotely move forward and in reverse
There are two ways to operate Remote Forward/Backward function.
Method (1) Using the function with engine off
- Within a certain range from the vehicle press the door lock ( ) button on the smart key and lock all doors.
- Press and hold the Remote Start button ( ) within 4 seconds until the engine starts.
- For more details on remotely starting the engine, refer to "Remote Start" section in chapter 6.
If the vehicle is remotely started that has been parked in cold weather for a long time, the operation of Remote Forward/ Backward function may be delayed depending on the engine condition.
Method (2) Using the function with engine on
- Park the vehicle in front of the space where you want to use Remote Forward/Backward function, and shift the gear to P (Park).
- Press and hold the Parking/View ( ) button to turn on Smart Parking Assist. A message 'Under Remote Control' will appear on the infotainment system screen.
- Get out of the vehicle with the smart key and close all doors.
- 'Agree' must be selected on the infotainment system screen and the infotainment system has to operate properly to use Remote Forward/ Backward function.
2. Remotely moving forward and backward
- Press and hold one of the Forward ( ) or Backward ( ) button on the smart key. Remote Smart Parking Assist will automatically control the steering wheel, vehicle speed and gearshift. The vehicle will move in the direction of the button pressed.
- While Remote Forward/Backward function is operating, if you do not hold down the Forward ( ) or Backward ( ) button, the vehicle will stop and function control will pause. The function will start operating again when the button is pressed and held again.
- When the vehicle reaches the target location, release the smart key Forward or Backward button.
- When the driver gets in the vehicle
with the smart key, a message
will appear informing the driver
function is complete on the
infotainment system screen and
the engine will remain on.
In addition, when the Remote Start ( ) button is pressed on the smart key from outside the vehicle, a message will appear informing the driver Remote Forward/Backward function is complete and the engine will turn off.
- Check that all smart keys are outside the vehicle when using Remote Forward/Backward function.
- Remote Forward/Backward function will operate only when the smart key is within 13 ft. (4 m) from the vehicle. If there is no vehicle movement even when the Forward or Backward button is pressed on the smart key, check the distance to the vehicle and press the button again.
- The detecting range of the smart key may vary depending on the surroundings that are affected by radio waves such as transmission tower, broadcast station, etc.
- When remotely moving forward using method (1), it is recognized as an exit situation, and the vehicle moves 13 ft. (4 m) to check for pedestrians, animals or objects around the vehicle. After confirmation, the steering wheel is controlled according to the condition ahead.
- When remotely moving forward using method (2), it is recognized as a parking situation, and will immediately control the steering wheel according to the condition ahead to assist with entering the parking space and aligning the vehicle. However, performance may reduce depending on the pedestrians, animals, shape of objects, location, etc. around the vehicle.
- For moving remotely backward, both method (1) and (2) aligns the steering wheel first, and then will only move the vehicle straight.
- When remotely moving Forward/ Backward is completed, the vehicle will automatically shift to P (Park) and engage EPB (Electronic Parking Brake).
- When using Remote Remote Forward/Backward function, make sure that all passengers have gotten out of the vehicle.
- If the vehicle's battery is discharged or Remote Smart Parking Assist malfunctions when parked in a narrow parking space, Remote Forward/Backward function will not operate. Always park your vehicle in a space wide enough for you to get in or out of your vehicle.
- Please note that depending on the parking space, you may not be able to exit from the space you have entered by using Remote Forward/ Backward function.
- After parking, the surrounding may change due to the movement of surrounding vehicles. If this occurs, Remote Forward/Backward function may not operate.
- Before leaving the vehicle, close windows and sunroofs, and make sure the engine is off before locking the doors.
Remote Forward/Backward Parking function operation status
*Operation status by the hazard warning light may not be applicable based on the regulation of your country.
*If the smart key is not within the operating range from the vehicle (approximately 13 ft. (4 m)), the smart key LED will not illuminate or blink. Use the smart key within the operating range.
How to turn off Remote Forward/ Backward function while operating
- Press the Parking/View ( ) button while the infotainment system screen guides the driver using method 2.
- Shift the gear except to P (Park) while the infotainment system screen guides the driver using method 2.
- Press the Parking Safety ( ) button or select 'Cancel' on the infotainment system screen.
- Press the Remote Start ( ) button on the smart key while the vehicle is being controlled by RRemote Forward/Backward function. Remote Forward/Backward function will turn off. At this time, the engine will turn off.
- Get on the vehicle with the smart key.
Remote Forward/Backward function will turn off. At this time, the engine will remain on.
The function will pause in the following conditions when:
- There is a pedestrian, animal or object in the direction the vehicle is moving
- The door or liftgate is open
- The Forward ( ) or Backward ( ) button is not continuously pressed
- Simultaneously pressing multiple buttons on a smart key
- The smart key is not operated within 13 ft. (4 m) from the vehicle
- Button of another smart key is pressed in addition to the operating smart key
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist or Rear Cross-Traffic Collision- Avoidance Assist operates while the vehicle is being controlled in the backward direction.
- The vehicle moves 22 ft. (7 m) while the smart key is pressed with Remote Forward/Backward function (maximum travel distance per button press)
When Remote Forward/Backward function is paused, the vehicle will stop.
If the condition that made the function to pause disappears, the function may operate again.
The function will cancel in the following conditions when:
- The steering wheel is steered
- The gear is shifted while the vehicle is moving
- Operating EPB while the vehicle is moving
- The engine hood is open
- The brake pedal or accelerator pedal is depressed when all the doors are closed
- The smart key is outside the vehicle when the brake pedal is depressed while the driver's door is open
- Rapid acceleration occurs
- Vehicle skid occurs
- The wheel is stuck by an obstacle and cannot move
- There are pedestrians, animals or objects at the front and rear of the vehicle at the same time
- Approximately 3 minutes and 50 seconds have past after Remote Forward/Backward function has started to operate
- The slope of the road exceeds the operational range
- The function is paused for more than 1 minute
- The total travel distance of the vehicle has exceeded 45 ft. (14 m) after Remote Forward/Backward function operation
Remote Smart Parking Assist Malfunction and Limitations
Remote Smart Parking Assist malfunction
Remote Smart Parking Assist check
When Remote Smart Parking Assist is not working properly, the 'Check Parking Assist' warning message will appear on the infotainment system screen.
If the message appears, stop using Remote Smart Parking Assist, and have the vehicle inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
Remote Smart Parking Assist canceled
When Remote Parking Assist is operating, the function can be canceled, and the 'Parking Assist Canceled' warning message may appear regardless of the parking order. Other messages may appear depending on the situations.
Follow the instructions provided on the infotainment system screen while parking your vehicle with Remote Parking Assist. Always look around and pay attention when using Remote Smart Parking Assist.
Remote Smart Parking Assist standby
When 'Parking Assist Conditions Not Met' message appears, when Parking/ View ( ) button has been pressed and held, Remote Smart Parking Assist is in standby. After a while, press and hold the Parking/View ( ) button again to see if Remote Smart Parking Assist works.
The message appears even when the smart key's battery is low. Check the smart key battery level.
Limitations of Remote Smart Parking Assist
In the following circumstances, Remote Smart Parking Assist performance to park or exit the vehicle may be limited, there may be a risk of collision, or Remote Smart Parking Assist may turn off. Park or exit the vehicle manually if necessary.
- An object is attached to the steering wheel
- The vehicle is installed with a snow chain, spare tire or different size wheel
- Tire pressure is lower or higher than the standard tire pressure
- Your vehicle is loaded with cargo longer or wider than your vehicle or a trailer is connected to your vehicle
- There is a problem with the wheel alignment
- Your vehicle is leaned severely to one side
- Your vehicle is equipped with a trailer hitch
- The license plate is installed differently from the original location
- There is a person, animal or object above or below the ultrasonic sensor when Remote Smart Parking Assist is activated
- The parking space is curved or diagonal
- There is an obstacle such as a person, animal or object (trash can, bicycle, motorcycle, shopping cart, narrow pillar etc.) near the parking space
- There is a circular pillar or narrow pillar, or a pillar surrounded by objects such as fire extinguisher, etc. near the parking space
- The road surface is bumpy (curbstone, speed bump, etc.)
- The road is slippery
- The parking space is near a vehicle with higher ground clearance or big, such as a truck, etc.
- The parking space is Inclined
- There is heavy wind
- Operating Remote Smart Parking Assist on uneven roads, gravel roads, bushes, etc.
- The performance of the ultrasonic sensor is affected by extremely hot or cold weather
- The ultrasonic sensor is covered with snow or water
- An object that generates ultrasonic waves is nearby
- A wireless device with a transmission function operates near the ultrasonic sensors
- Your vehicle is affected by another vehicle's Parking Distance Warning
- The sensor is mounted or positioned incorrectly by an impact to the bumper
- When the ultrasonic sensor cannot detect the following objects:
Sharp or slim objects, such as ropes, chains or small poles
Objects smaller than 40 in. (100 cm) in length and narrower than 6 in. (14 cm) in diameter
Objects which tend to absorb sensor frequency, such as clothes, spongy material or snow
Remote Smart Parking Assist may not operate normally under the following circumstances:
- Parking on inclines
Park manually when parking on inclines.
- Parking on uneven road
Remote Smart Parking Assist may cancel when the vehicle slips, or the vehicle cannot move due to road conditions such as pebbles or fragmented stones.
- Parking behind a truck
Do not use Remote Smart Parking Assist around vehicles with higher ground clearance, such as a bus, truck, etc. It may lead to an accident.
- Parking near a pillar
Remote Smart Parking Assist performance may reduce when there is a pillar or pillar surrounded by objects such as a fire extinguisher near the parking space.
- Parking in a parking space with a vehicle on one side only
If Remote Smart Parking Assist is used, when parking in a parking space with a vehicle only on one side, your vehicle may cross the parking line to avoid the parked vehicle.
- Parking diagonal
Remote Smart Parking Assist does not provide diagonal parking. Even if your vehicle was able to enter the parking space, do not use Remote Smart Parking Assist because the function cannot operate normally.
- Parking in snow
Snow may interfere with sensor operation, or Remote Smart Parking Assist may cancel if the road is slippery while parking.
Take the following precautions when using Remote Smart Parking Assist:
- The driver is responsible for safe parking and exit when using Remote Smart Parking Assist. Make sure there are no pedestrians, animals or objects around the vehicle when using Remote Smart Parking Assist.
- When using Remote Smart Parking Assist, stay out of the way in the direction the vehicle moves for your safety.
- Always check surroundings when
using Remote Smart Parking Assist.
You may collide with pedestrians, animals, or objects if they are near the sensor or are in the sensor's blind spot area.
- A collision may occur if a pedestrian, animal, or object suddenly appears while Remote Smart Parking Assist is operating.
- Do not use Remote Smart Parking Assist when under the influence of alcohol.
- Do not let children or other people to use the smart key.
- If Remote Smart Parking Assist is used continuously for a long period, it may adversely affect Remote Smart Parking Assist performance.
- Remote Smart Parking Assist may not
operate normally if the vehicle needs
wheel alignment adjustment such
as when the vehicle tilts to one side.
Have the vehicle inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
- Noise may be heard when braking occurs by Remote Smart Parking Assist or when the brake pedal is depressed by the driver.
- Remote Smart Parking Assist may suddenly apply the brake to avoid collision.
- Use Remote Smart Parking Assist only in a parking space that is large enough for the vehicle to move safely.
- If the 3rd stage warning (continuous beep) of the Forward/Backward Parking Distance Warning sounds while Remote Smart Parking Assist is operating, it means the obstacle detected is close to your vehicle. At this time, Remote Smart Parking Assist will temporarily stop operating. Make sure there are no pedestrians, animals, or objects around your vehicle.
- Depending on brake operation, the stop lights may come on while the vehicle is moving.
Declaration of conformity
The radio frequency components (Front Radar) complies :
Rear Corner Radar
The radio frequency components (Rear Corner Radar) complies:
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual