Hyundai Tucson: Hazard warning flasher
The hazard warning flasher serves as a warning to other drivers to exercise extreme caution when approaching, overtaking, or passing your vehicle.
It should be used whenever emergency repairs are being made or when the vehicle is stopped near the edge of a roadway.
To turn the hazard warning flasher on or off, press the hazard warning flasher button with the Engine Start/Stop button in any position. The hazard warning flasher button is located in the center fascia panel. All turn signal lights will flash simultaneously.
- The hazard warning flasher operates regardless of whether your vehicle is running or not.
- The turn signals do not work when the hazard flasher is on.
In case of an emergency while driving
If the engine stalls while driving
- Reduce your speed gradually, keeping a straight line. Move cautiously off the road to a safe place.
- Turn on your hazard warning flasher.
- Try to start the engine again. If your vehicle will not start, we recommend that you contact an authorized HYUNDAI dealer or seek other qualified assistance.
If the engine stalls at a crossroad or crossing
If the engine stalls at a crossroads or crossing, if safe to do so, shift the gear to N (Neutral) and then push the vehicle to a safe location.
If you have a flat tire while driving
If a tire goes flat while you are driving:
- Take your foot off the accelerator pedal and let the vehicle slow down while driving straight ahead. Do not apply the brakes immediately or attempt to pull off the road as this may cause loss of vehicle control resulting in an accident. When the vehicle has slowed to such a speed that it is safe to do so, brake carefully and pull off the road. Drive off the road as far as possible and park on firm, level ground. If you are on a divided highway, do not park in the median area between the two traffic lanes.
- When the vehicle is stopped, press the hazard warning flasher button, shift the gear to P (Park), apply the parking brake, and press the Engine Start/Stop button to the OFF position.
- Have all passengers get out of the vehicle. Be sure they all get out on the side of the vehicle that is away from traffic.
- When changing a flat tire, follow the instructions provided later in this chapter.
If the engine will not start
- Be sure to shift the gear to N (Neutral) or P (Park). The engine starts only when the gear is in N (Neutral) or P (Park).
- Turn on the interior light. If the light
dims or goes out when you operate
the starter, the battery is drained.
See instructions for "Jump Starting" provided in this chapter.
- Check the fuel level and add fuel if necessary.
If the vehicle still does not start, we recommend that you call an authorized HYUNDAI dealer for assistance.
Push or pull starting the vehicle may cause the catalytic converter to overload which can lead to damage to the emission control system.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual